5 Tips For a Really Great Shave
March 7, 2016
1. First you must wash your face. Wash it good too. Softening the protein in the hair is important.
2. Lather up. There’s no right or wrong here. You can use gel or cream, whichever you prefer but make sure to let it sit for roughly 3 minutes before you put the razor to it. Once again, you’re looking to soften the hair for a better shave.
PS – You’re going to want to use a brush to lather the cream. Don’t use your fingers. A brush will push the cream into the hair really coating each individual one.
3. No need to get picky and fancy with your razor choice. Single blade works just fine. If you prefer a double blade, feel free to use it, but it’s not a necessity to get a great shave. You’re going to change your razor every 2-3 weeks, so depending on far you want to dig in your pockets depends on which razor you prefer.
4. Keep your skin hot & wet. Shaving in the shower or immediately after is the best option. A suggestion worth the investment would be a shaving lather warmer. This will continuously keep your face hot without having to constantly put warm towels to it.
Immediately following the shave, rinse with cold water. This will reduce inflammation.
5. Shave with the direction your hair is growing in. Even though you’ll get a closer shave by going against, it will cause burn or ingrown hairs. Don’t continue to go over an area either. This can cause irritation.